Visions & Values
We are a GREAT school!
Our visions and values help us to strive for even greater success in all we do.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Newlands our aim is to establish a happy and supportive learning environment where children are encouraged to:
- Produce work of the highest quality appropriate for each individual pupil, taking into account his or her interests, aptitudes, age and ability;
- Respect other people and property, and to help and support each other socially and academically;
- Take responsibility for their own learning at the earliest opportunity;
- Realise their place as a member of the school, our local community, and the world community.
Our Staff aims are to:
- Provide a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum that meets statutory and LEA requirements;
- Work together to support each other, sharing expertise, skills and resources;
- Encourage and value the contribution made by parents in the education of their children;
- Foster good relationships with the community:
- Maintain a well-organised, professional working environment