Year 1 Resources
Throughout this term some of our families may need to self isolate.
We have put together these resources to support you until you are able to return to school.
For any further resources or help please contact the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites with learning activities for Year 1:
https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ – Reading/Phonics games
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/welcome-back/for-home – Ebook Library
https://www.educationcity.com/ – Use your Education City to login to access set tasks
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ – Phonics games
https://www.phonicsbloom.com/ – Phonics games
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/reading/ – Ebook library
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv – Phonics/Spelling.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/school-year/year-one/ – Ebook library
https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/literacy.html Literacy activities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks – Alphablocks Phonics videos and activities
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/search – Range of Ebooks
https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb – Use your spelling shed login to access assigned spelling lists.
https://www.educationcity.com/ – Use your Education City to login to access assigned Maths tasks.
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?AgeGroup=2 – Maths activities
https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/index.html – Maths activities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8 BBC Bitesize Maths – All areas of Year 1 learning covered by fun, exciting videos to help children learn and parents support.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga – Themed yoga exercises.
Learning activities for Year 1:
- Reading and spelling common exception words https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-l-5155-new-year-1-common-exception-words
- Number bonds to 10 and 20
- 2x, 5x, 10x times-tables – Jackk Hartmann on Youtube is excellent for this! https://www.youtube.com/user/JackHartmann
- Simple additions and subtractions with numbers up to 20
- Comparing objects by weight/height/lengths and ordering them
- Planting seeds. Discussing the parts of a plant and what they need to grow.