At Newlands we have two specially designed Reception classes, equipped to meet the needs of four-year-olds.
Children start in a reception class in the September before their fifth birthday.
The reception classes offer children a happy beginning to their school life.
Emphasis is placed on play activities together with rhymes, songs, stories and discussions and we also help them to learn to record some of their findings and thoughts.
Our main aims are to:
- Stimulate their imagination and creativity
- Enrich language development
- Form a basis of mathematical understanding
- Encourage the development of manipulative skills
- Offer the chance to explore different materials
- Develop muscular strength and co-ordination
- Create habits of listening and concentrating
- Establish the use of symbols and patterns which form the basis of reading and writing
- Extend their understanding of science and the world around them
- Respond to their needs to explore through their senses
- Above all, we want to help the children learn to respect and enjoy the companionship of other children and adults, develop their self-confidence and evolve a sense of security within the school routine.
Applying for a Reception place for September (4&5 year olds)
If you would like your child to start school with us you can:
You can apply for up to 3 schools, putting them in order of preference. It’s in your best interests to list 3 schools. Naming only 1 school does not guarantee your child a place at that school or give your child priority for a place over another child, neither does naming a school more than once.
For advice email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Application acceptance dates change yearly, please check the above website or contact KCC admissions to find out more.
IN YEAR ADMISSIONS
Would you like your child to move schools?
Have you just moved in the area and would like a school place for your child?
Please contact our school office on email@example.com